Sunday 17 January 2010

Comp Prep

Prep for the competition today would have been much easier if I wasn't nursing a hangover!
I tried to fix the heel piece to my new boots today, and not really going to plan. I drilled the holes in the workshop of Nevisport with Dave and his en genius idea to rivet the heel pieces on....... despite the master plan, it didn't work.

So Zamberlan are launching the Ice 2000, there new ice climbing boot, and they have very kindly given me a pair for the comp.....but I have just drilled six holes in the arse of them, so you could say I was slightly stressed when we couldn't find any bolts to fix the heelies on. However I will be down in Edinburgh tomorrow and I'm sure it will be sorted then.

Big thanks to Scott Muir for giving me the heelies and all the great advise and 'heads up's'.
I'm sure you can watch the comp live on the Internet, not sure where. Maybe on the UIAA website.

I'm going to go pack, wish me luck and I'll try and keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment