Thursday 25 February 2010

4000's

Now, I'm not a big skier. I'm not a good skier. So with that, the 'three monkeys' set off for the four thousands.










As usual the lanky monkey (me) struggled up the first leg. I was trying my hardest to, kick, flick, slide, step...all the way up, technique is everything. Sure I was left in the wake off Neil and Mark (maybe I'll chatch up)with their powerful hill running legs cranking the skies up the hill. But I got there....eventually.

I'm more off a slower, easier pace skier/walker/runner...you get the picture?, I' m more of, check oot the view, get the good photo (well try) and get there when I can.
Soon enough we were having a wee snack and a drink before having a slide doon the other side of the first top.

Across and along tae Ben Macdui, with the view given you pure snow with the occasional turn cut doon the distance slopes from previous skiers bagging their ambitions in the back ground slopes. Most of the views far away didn't look real, sounds strange but they looked more like photo's.













From Ben Macdui the skiing was nothing more than brilliant. Like children in a candy shop, we look tae the slope that traversed and then dropping doon the untouched snow below and played as much as well could before the gradient slopes leveled.
At the bottom of the Ghru more snacks and drink before the slog of all slogs.



















A well deserved rest at the top befor the next amazing slide doon, and then traverse to the homeward bound straight (straight-ish)


Homeward bound. The traverse to Brareich was awesome, the views again where beautiful. Not to sound too pathetic, but when I get a day like that, or a view so blue and intense with brilliant white on home land mountain's I ache. It's what, I think, all this is worth doing. Weather we die and we're dead, or there something else. I don't care. I've done what I need tae dae, I know that I'll keep doing this, and that's enough. So, then and now, and while I can still remember, I'll be happy, and intend tae keep keep it that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment