Friday 19 February 2010

What again?!

Wednesday 17th Feb
Angus: fancy another morning? There's some good snow up from the Ciste car park.
Me: Sounds like a plan! i think Neil is going tae come ( see previous Ben Wyis shanagins)
So I reverse Dora (my ex AA van) doon the drive way. Its -11.5 and its feels it. The van makes a funny noise as i loose sight on the road BRAKES. I stop but I'm not level. I try tae drive oot....nae chance. Shit. I get oot and Dora, some how, not my fault (maybe it was) got herself stuck on the banking.

Neil rocks up. Perfect, tie Dora tae Neils motor and we're free! Neil follows Dora and myself to the Ciste car park 20 min late tae find Angus still in his van with heaters on!

Me:'Sorry I'm late big yin' and we quickly get the gear taegether.

Me: ' SHITE!!' I've realised that I've left my liners warm next that the Aga in the kitchen.

So i had tae drive back doon tae the house, back up the drive carefully, and tan it back uptae the Ciste.

Me:'sorry lads' Its safe tae say that i got a bit of stick for that mistake.'

But then we were off, and the rewards were worth it, the morning was better than the day before!




No comments:

Post a Comment