Saturday 6 February 2010

Failed on the 'Chancer'


The lads preparing for the skin up. But with our charm we blagged some tickets!




The Chancer. Hells Lum. 'V,6' ice climbing.



I woke up on Wed 6th already mentally preparing myself. What do I need? Got tools, screws, harness, ropes, food..........ski's?



'Aye, lets tour intae Hells Lums, do the climb, and ski oot!' I said to Mark Council and Andy Sutton (Andy drove up from Leeds the night before, got in at 02:00. Keen!)



So we sorted our gear, problem being was Andy didn't have any ski's. However I do have a pair of Rossignol blades with a tour binding on them.



'There you go Andy, sorted!' He didn't seem so keen.



We got up to the top car park, the sun was up, and the snow was definatley there. 4-5 inches of fresh snow fell last night.



I looked at the strong climbing team, Mark practicing his apline butterfly while doing one armers on the van door (strong door), Andy was sharpening his tools and racking the gear on his harness with OCD precision.



'Dae ye want tae f****this off and of skiing lads?' They both looked at each other.



'Aye!'

No comments:

Post a Comment